View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ClimbingOut1982

Well a lot's been happening in the last week and a half. I've been regularly attending meetings. Sometimes two a day if I feel the need. I finally told my Dad last night everything that's going on. I'd been avoiding that one. I truly believe that if it weren't for the rooms and the people in them, I don't know where I would be right now. I would've found it especially difficult to tell my father, but I found it to be easier than I thought and I think it's through the strength that I've gained from being in those meetings. It all just kind of came out.

My husband's doing well. I went up to see him on Saturday and he looked good. He's terrified about getting back out to the real world and I don't blame him. It's hard out here. But I know picking up a drink isn't going to make anything easier or better. Quite the opposite in fact. I'm going to my first al-anon meeting tonight. It's time. I'm working on myself but I also need to work on our relationship if anything's going to last. Thank you for letting me ramble and thank you all for just listening.