View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
atalose

There is real obligation and FEELING obligated.

Real obligation is a course of action required like paying taxes, obeying the laws to avoid fines or going to jail.

Feeling obligated is only real in our minds. We need to tackle our thinking and control our thought’s. We have ill thinking assumptions that keep us hostage to the A.

One of the best tools I learned was in telling myself the truth. With me or without me the A was going to do what the A was going to do and NOTHING I said or could do would ever change that. Accepting truth is hard but it’s the foundation for OUR own recovery. Saying no can be very powerful and often a word we need to learn to use.

Limiting your contact with him is also a good tool. The less contact the less chances we have of falling backwards while we are learning to move ahead in healthier ways.

There is real obligation and FEELING obligated.
Real obligation is a course of action required like paying taxes, obeying the laws to avoid penalties or going to jail.
Feeling obligated is only real in our minds. We need to tackle our thinking and control our thought’s. We have ill thinking assumptions that keep us hostage to the A.
One of the best tools I learned was in telling myself the truth. With me or without me the A was going to do what the A was going to do and NOTHING I said or could do would ever change that. Accepting truth is hard but it’s the foundation for OUR own recovery. Saying no can be very powerful and often a word we need to learn to use.
Limiting your contact with him is also a good tool. The less contact the less chances we have of falling backwards while we are learning to move forward in healthier ways.

Keep dancing!!!