View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
KK- I STRONGLY agree with what the other guys are saying. Bottom line- coping by drinking is pouring petrol on the fire. You know it will only make you feel worse. For your own sake and your family, you need not to drink when stressed. You will still get stressed- that it seems needs a lot of work. Your mum has control in your life because you think it is so. You give yourself permission to be the victim- thus a reason to drink. Go to AA- lots. Share here- lots. Work out ways how to deal with your mum or family and stay safe- so perhaps think- stay safe- don't drink or drive. HALTS. Call my sponsor. Go for a walk. Do not do anything when feeling really emotional- like email family. That is the way I think anyhows. Keep posting
Thanks so much for this Phoenix! You are so right. Drinking is like pouring gasoline on a fire. It NEVER makes things better. It's crazy how often and easily I forget that. Youre right, I really need to work on my stress management skills! Absolutely!

As hard as it is to hear, you are right....I need to take my power back from my mother once and for all! It will take ALOT of work and practice but it needs to happen! I am tired of giving her the power to continue to abuse me. She still abuses me emotionally and then I abuse MYSELF by drinking. F her! No more!

Love you friend.