View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
All right, I can post this now. From part 35 but it was closed.

Disappointing as it is, I'm still stuck in what I can only assume is a bargaining stage. I'll get through this patch and then things will be different. If only I can get through [fill in the blank] then I'll get sober. Making the full decision is still killing me, in multiple ways and I dislike that I can't seem to do it. Still, again, as always, repeated ad nauseam, I am not giving up.

There is a bright spot. I had talked to my closest friend a while back about the drinking problem and he was not surprised. It then was relegated to non-issue. I chose not to pursue it at that time as perhaps the discussion wasn't to be had then. It came up today, by my own choice. I said I needed to cut back and then very frankly said that I think I need to quit. The response: I'll support you, of course. That was good to hear, but I still have to figure out what's holding me back.

Thank you Bobbie for your post. Congrats on your milestone.

Equal congrats to you Upstairs on yours, and you too, immri, and PJ.

Keep it up all of you. I'm proud to be surrounded, and supported by, such a wonderful group of people.

To all I missed, my apologies. Dee, thanks for a new thread (though it took a while! ).
We haven't failed if we're still trying! Xo