View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

sadly, babies don't cure addiction. having the responsibility of a child often sends addicts into a tailspin. and no one actively using coke should be around children....and should NEVER EVER be left alone to care for them.

way back in the day, the '80s when coke was rampant and basing was just really becoming a thing, we used to take our baby WITH us to our dealer's house and get high. now it wasn't your basic dope house, they lived in a nice condo, he and my husband knew each other thru work, and my child was off in the living room while we were in the kitchen.

but still.............WTF was i thinking??? but see, i wasn't ADDICTED back then, just a frequent flyer. and didn't do coke for a long long time after that when i quit.

wasn't til about 14 years ago when i was "introduced" to crack cocaine that the monster known as addiction bit me. after three months of casual only on the weekends using, i was hooked. and then spent an awful 4.5 years after that getting more addicted while all the time wanting to stop. it got worse before it got better. it's quite a journey for "god i have to stop this" to 'NEVER AGAIN!".

but i'll tell you this, no one MADE me stop. no one intervened. my partner also used, and he had been at it a lot longer than i. i was able to quit well before he was finally ready to pry the pipe loose. and nothing i did MADE him quit either. we also didn't have enablers or caretakers or others to support us. it was sink or swim.

being in your AB's face all the time about his drug use isn't helping.....in fact, it's normalizing it to a degree.....how was your day? oh you know, did a gram and a half, and you?