View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Sounds like it was a 'rehab' that doesn't abide by the program of AA?

I drank for 40 years, then struggled for a long time trying to get sober. Drank after 'rehab'. I am now 3 years Sober, thru working the 12 Steps of AA. I learned thru the program, NO ONE ELSE makes me drink. That is a complete cop-out. Also, it is MY responsibility to make amends to those that have been negatively affected by my drinking behavior, ESPECIALLY my family members that it is MY responsibility to provide for. ANY shirking of responsibility directly means there is NO actual recovery. If possible, get him to agree to get involved in AA, and especially to WORK the program. Try getting him to agree for the 2 of you to read the book, Alcoholics Anonymous together.

Do NOT let yourself be the VICTIM. If needs be, cut him off from you and your daughter, until he agrees to work a program that insists on Personal Responsibility.

These are just my opinions, but they are based on my understanding of the Self-Will-Run-Riot A$$#ole I was, and the renewed person I am now.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I have restored the trust of my family by MY living Sober amends to them and by living Sober with them.