Thread: Smart???
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Hi Kiki,

I use SMART for my face to face meetings and have done so for the past several years. I have made good friends and connections. I am lucky to live in a metro area where there are meetings almost every day and even on Saturday. However, I usually only go to one a week since my schedule is very tight.

The moderators are all wonderful and each run the meetings a little differently depending on their preference but it usually involves just a big group share on how things are going. If there is time they discuss an exercise from the SMART handbook, but usually everyone gets to share and cross talk and support. I always get something out of it even if I don't feel like sharing that day.

Oh, there is no program bashing in any of these meetings. If you want to use both AA or NA and SMART, that is encouraged and fine. If talk veers toward people saying they don't like AA for whatever reason, usually the moderator stops the discussion and says we're not here to debate this so let's move on to another topic.

Good luck and I hope it goes well for you!
Thanks Juno! I can't wait to go to the meeting tonight!