Thread: Thanks Dee74
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Misc72

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
I <3 Dee

I have learned from you, sunshine, and figure I ought to tell you. What I've learned from you is that we can't be the way we were, just with drinking omitted.

I stopped drinking the final time god willing on August 11, and joined the August class, as you did. You had this exciting trip planned to CA to hang with friends and see GNR. You fell off on that trip even after talking about it a lot here. I played that tape, putting myself there, especially when quitting with a partner which I think is doubly hard because your AV can feed each other, and in addition to your own AV you have a partner's, too. Anyway I just decided after listening to you that I need to embrace letting go of everything, and building around sobriety. I think I was able to understand better what Dee and other old timers are trying to help us understand. It's a complete change, to the extent that it's really a transformation more than a change. I've overhauled every tradition that has alcohol, including old friends, trip plans, holiday plans, etc. the doing of that doesn't make me weaker, as I secretly thought (I thought that if I need to hide from booze I would never get sober muscles). It makes me stronger, amazingly! There's something about taking the reins of your life and saying "I choose sobriety in the following ways:" that is really empowering.

Anyway you helped that. I really hope that me telling you this helps you, because I feel like I owe you. <3
Wow you don't know how much you telling me that helps my self-esteem. I often feel like such a train wreck. Thank you...