View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RedAndy

Sat on my own - not wanting to join in

Been feeling really good and really comfortable lately however found myself in a situation that I've avoided for the last 12 months and now wishing I could get away.

We're round at our friends who we have only seen once in the last year through my choice of not wanting to be around the scene we always were, my best mate of many years and we came round to offer a bit of support as his dad his terminally ill and in a really bad way with a matter of weeks to live, our wives went out for the afternoon together and there's a few other family members round here but as always the drinks are now flowing and the volume is rising, it's a situation I've avoided on purpose - feel myself getting anxious and not wanting to stand and chat with them as they all get stuck into the drinks - I really don't want to drink and of course I won't drink and I will drive home later but truth be told I would prefer to make my exit now it's just not possible at present, talk of getting a takeaway.

I guess just stay put on my own is the answer - just thought I'd post here as its not feeling comfortable right now and not in the mood for chatting to anyone at all.

Exit plan I usually have in place doesn't feel like it's an option given the circumstances and it's a case of sitting tight just rather uncomfortably and a little anxious - good place I've been was pretty confident that I'd be ok here today.