View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
STDragon
Sober-T- Dragon

Party plans and a compliment.

So I posted not to long ago that I try not to think to far in the future. But this morning I spoke to my wife about the upcoming company Christmas parties. The first is mine, the second is hers. I'll have no problem not drinking at her party no old drinking buddies there.

At my company party, however, my 'work wife' will be looking to have a few 'cocktails' with me. So the plan is this:

First I'll be driving - My wife is not a drinker but she may have a glass of wine with dinner.

Secondly we will leave early, so that means we won't by any draw tickets to keep us there.

And finally, I'm going to wait until the week before and have a chat with my work wife.

I'm actually looking forward to having some fun with it because he is going to be so baffled. I'm going to spring it during our lunch time walk when my other good friend will be with us. In fact I may talk to my other friend first.

On another note, I also wanted to share this;

Today I was working with a fellow who's been at the company as long as I have. We know each other pretty good, having worked together on many things.

We were talking about kids and friends and stuff as we work thru our problem when turns and asks me I've started drinking coffee.

I said no, I have my one cup morning starter and that's it. Never changed. Then he said, well you seem a little hyper today. I said 'Thank you'.

I took that as a compliment. Somebody noticed that I'm a little brighter and more on the ball since I stopped drinking. It felt good.