Old 11-03-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sam1

Moving on and hoping Alcohlic Wife gets help

To all,
I have been posting in the alcoholism forum for awhile trying to get an understanding of how bad this beast and disease really is. It really has taken my wife from me with the depression and alcohol. I have moved forward with letting go of my marriage due to my wife's alcoholism and affair (possibly affairs). We have a 2 year old little girl and I will do everything possible to protect her. We initially setup equal time sharing based on her parents picking up/driving our child. I thought I was being fair and helpful but realized quickly that she doesn't think she has a problem and she will do what she wants. She says she's stopped drinking/ she's sober and is doing nothing wrong. Unfortunately after 100's of lies I don't believe a single word she says. I honestly believe she has pulled the wool over her families eyes and they have now become enablers. She was hiding her drinking for months before I caught on. When she left she was stage 4 alcoholic with severe withdrawals if she stopped. I filed emergency proceedings to remove her right for visitation until the court can determine if she's a risk or not. I have so much guilt doing this but I can't risk her driving around with our child. Every step of the way I feel like I have had no choices....she has turned on me.....her family has turned on me..... I don't even know the person I'm married to right now......she has gone to zero treatments.... and still says she's got control. How the hell am I the bad guy for trying to protect our child !!!! Why do I feel guilt protecting our child and watching alcohol destroy our marriage !!! It's such a horrible thing.....I still love my wife of old but she has thrown everything away. I really do hope one day she sees that I have done everything to protect our kid.