View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Glee,
You need to start looking for another job with no one allowed to know and see what is out there for you. There are leaders and managers. Managers move resources around and are a necessary evil. Leaders inspire, and are the earmark seen when any great organization is analyzed.

I have observed folks with little in the way of a leadership toolbox. Since I taught that in the military it may not translate over to the civilian sector. But I saw many who had no conflict resolution skills and were afraid to confront subordinates with a problem until it was a major problem in their minor minds. They have failed so many times because they wait until they have a full head of stem and blow up with a bag of resentments. They fear any conflict so over react too late. For example the boss who ignores a minor bad or unacceptable behavior or result when it happens the first time. This sends a message to the employee that it is OK, or with a newer employee that they are performing up to standards. Instead the bad boss may not say a word until the employee has repeated the mistake or behavior three or four times and the manager seems not to understand that folks cannot read his mind. They don't believe that the newer employee thought all was well. I call that sandbagging an employee. If the "boss" had corrected the problem the first time calmly and followed up with observation and feedback until the employee was back on track then the blame all lies with the manger.

Glee, your company appears clueless. Look around and see what may be available kiddo. No one need know. Sorry about your being passed over.

Hey Zip!

FBL,
Indeed. I remember Zacherley on the New York TV and radio stations. I particularly remember him on WPIX Chiller Theater in NY if I remember correctly. 98 huh? He was apparently in good mental health too .

"“I can’t imagine how it all happened,” Mr. Zacherle told The Philadelphia Daily News in 2015. “I look back on it and say, "My God, I’m 96 years old, what the hell have I been doing all these years?"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/ar...dies.html?_r=0
Good bye Zacherley, whatever you are.

Beautiful day, weather, and life today. Tomorrow they will finish the front porch and start on the side porch with the cover that overlaps our carport. Have a great week Overs!

Happy All Hallows Eve!