View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Noolan

Obo- Happy Birthday! I think you nailed it regarding the lawn mower. That's life. If I can accept the things out of my control and carry on anyways, my life is easier. For example, yesterday I was driving to Sister's wedding reception and I was hungry and the thought hit me "****, we have to clean after this stupid party... Shut up Nolan, this isn't about you. Be happy you get to celebrate this day". Turns out the catering company did all the work anyways! Rather than suffer and get caught up in my own BS, I took a positive outlook and then was even happier to discover the scenario was better than I thought.

Freein- I hope the visit goes well and she gets to see the sea.

Life is good over here. Yesterday was awesome. I danced so much I can barley walk today, well almost. It's crazy that even though I didn't drink, a late night still has some of the symptoms that followed a hang out. Maybe I'm just getting old?

Anyways, specifically the alcohol heavy wedding had very little impact on me. I feel comfortable in my own skin, so the fact others are drinking doesn't really affect me. Something I heard in rehab was using the phrase "I GET TO" be present for my sister's wedding. "I GET TO" dance like a fool. Gratitude is a powerful motivator for me. Anyways, in for the bargain.