View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bexxed

Heya CP.

Sorry to hear you are tired all the time.

I was thinking about that yesterday, for myself, sort of.

Well, I figured I would have lost a lot of weight, and jump out of bed a spry, energetic, happy version of myself. Eighty days in, I'm marginally different than I was.

I spent the better part of at least fifteen years drinking as much alcohol as I could invest before passing out, every day, and ate like crap. And spiritually I dug myself into a hole for so long I didn't know I was in there. Now I have to undo fifteen years of hard daily drinking.

I don't think I can undo that time. I can undo parts of it but the entirety pretty much adds up to my entire thirties and the second half of my twenties. I drank, every night. Now I'm on the cusp of forty and I'm stuck with that baggage. It takes time, I think.

My sister has CFS. It is hard but you can live with it and drinking definitely won't help. I do hope you find a good doc. Maybe try to find one who is more holistic (but licensed).

Also I saw in the August thread that your relationship ended and I'm just wanting to say, be nice to yourself right now. You have suffered two losses in about as many months: booze (it's a loss) and your BF. Just let yourself be right now and don't pick up. Take things slowly. You can PM me anytime btw.

xoxo

B