View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CajunPrincess

Tired of being tired.

I have been, for the most part, always tired since I was in high school. It doesn't matter how much I change my eating and/or sleeping happens. It doesn't matter if I exercise or start taking vitamins. I can get the best sleep in the world, but I am still always exhausted. I've been like this before I started drinking.

It's really starting to irritate me. Yea, it's nice to wake up and not be hungover...but on work days, I am still sleeping in as late as possible just so I can get that extra sleep. So I basically get out of bed, get ready, and go straight to work. On weekends, I don't get out of bed till later in the afternoon. And when I do run errands on weekends, I still don't get everything crossed off my list because I get exhausted in the middle of it. It's not even a ton of stuff that I'm trying to do either.

I figured I'd be able to be a lot more productive when I became sober, but for the most part I'm still the same when it comes to that.
This of course makes me question why I ever stopped drinking in the first place. I daydream of being able to get out of bed in the morning, have coffee, read, do yoga, maybe go for a hike... but I can't because I'm exhausted.
This is beginning to greatly wear on me and anger me. Makes me want to just forget about sobriety.

Also please don't suggest the doctor. I've already been to multiple doctors and have had multiple tests done, and everything always comes back normal.