View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kys

Thanks all, and posting and hanging out here always helps. When I've slipped in the past, I've had to work really hard not to just write off the whole day (or week) as a failure and 'start again' the next day, or week.

My mind can still get caught in black and white, but am definitely continuing to work on it Not sure if anyone else can relate to those kinds of obsessive traits. It's a pain, but not one that can't be managed and with the right support.

The rewards are DEFINITELY worth it, I feel great and so much calmer (which is so SO good for my anxiety). Also stopped beating myself up so much also for damage I may have done to my body in the past due to a few years of alcohol abuse. My general health checks now are fine, they weren't before and some of the fear around that actually helped me keep finding ways to beat this. Someone here once told that's there's nothing wrong with a bit of fear when it comes to these things and where it helps to keep making changes. Good words I thought.