View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Man Stevie, I really do wish it worked that way. I really do. I worked my a## off doing everything I was told to do but made no difference. It just comes down to whether they feel you are the type of person they want as part of their group or not. That's just the way it is. Maybe it's where I live or something about me that turns people off. They just see me as somebody they don't want to get to know. I hate to say this, but this problem will probably mean a terrible alcoholic death for me. I understand it's a terrible way to go, but I just don't see any other options. I shouldn't see it this way, but at least I have good health insurance that will care for me until then. I find a lot of comfort in that. John
Don't think I'm unique Steve. I fit in well with the people at the meetings. I think they see me as unique. All they gotta do is say maybe "hi, how's it going"? or a "what's up?" or just a nod. Geeze man, what's wrong with these people? And I won't buy what people say that, well, we are all sick. That's just an excuse to act like an a##, like excuses to drink. There's no excuse to be rude, intolerant or just nasty. Just because someone is an alcoholic at a meeting doesn't mean that gives them the right to treat people that way. John