View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fusion

Kaily, don't worry about not being able to attend The Priory. I know somebody who attended (insurance funded) three times (eye-watering cost) but their rehab didn't work for her.

I too drank the equivalent of 75cl and sometimes more, daily, until recently. I'm now a soberite and have zero intention of drinking, ever again. I don't count days, because of the sobriety method I eventually chose; after AA Steps didn't work.

I really do have a new lease of life. It isn't a miracle, I achieved something that countless folks have, by utilising my own inbuilt ability.

When I drank as much as you, recently, I could see no way out. I was so sick, depressed, disillusioned. But there is a way out, I found it, way down on the forum's Secular Connections thread. It has transformed my life.

I'm not denying that I have problems to mop up, after the alcohol induced (and other issue) problems. But, to take alcohol and the attendant sickness, depression etc., out of the picture, by being sober; enables me to deal with the alcohol/non-alcohol related issues.

Have you tried AA, SMART, AVRT, Lifering etc? Please keep posting on SR,