View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
thetroubledone

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words.

Since I posted things are pretty much the same, promises of stopping today only to get more wine, It's looking like i'll take time off work to help her detox tomorrow.

honeypig - Thanks for the welcome, reading some of the stuff here is very interesting especially the DO's and DO NOTs I've noticed that I'm doing a lot to accommodate the disease (going to the shop for her, taking days of work to help her detox, helping her snap out of it in time for approaching work days)

Mai - We live together so I just try and stick it out as best I can, I'll make sure she's eating what she can and generally not causing arguments. It's difficult to put up with. It's difficult to not engage because I try my best to look after her.

FeelingGreat - I've given her several ultimatums which is my own mistake, I won't do it now unless I intend to follow through with it.

NoelleR - Thank you for the links I shall give these a read.

Madbird - IT's interesting to hear from someone who's has something similar, It's refreshing to know that this is a type of problem and she's not unique to it.

She's supposed to be going to work on Tuesday which means I'm tempted to take tomorrow off work and throw all drink away tonight to force her to detox. The thought of her losing her job and me not doing anything to prevent it makes me feel like i'd be a scumbag.