Old 10-21-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Hope2QuitTia

I'll be Here

Originally Posted by LostEarthling View Post
I got some messages and need to post 25 times before I can answer. In all honesty, I need to be more active here anyways. Not much of a support group in real life, so this will be it! Jasper, I am so happy for you! The withdrawals didn't last long at all with this method, so I'm feeling extremely hopeful except I have no idea how to get my hands on the needed medications.

HopetoquitTia, glad to see you here! Let's keep this thread alive. I'm afraid there are more people in this awful situation than I thought. I really felt alone in this struggle, but not anymore. Please give us updates on your progress, Jasper and HopetoQuitTia. Much love to all!!
I'll be around here at least until I finally quit, so I plan on checking in from time to time. Sorry to hear you're in the same situation, Earthling. What sucks is that I think we all desperately want to be off of this, we just can't handle the withdrawals that result. I know that I become completely dysfunctional when WD's set in, and that's not even taking into account the effect on mood. Since I have a job and family, it's impossible to just quit without some kind of program in place. Hopefully the one laid out by Sober John will work for me too. Seeing that it has for Jasper is promising. And it looks like I'll be able to begin in about two weeks. Until then, I'm tapering. Earthling, I suggest weighing out doses and putting the powder into capsules, decreasing your dosage by a manageable amount each day. That's what I'm doing now and it makes tapering much easier. I decrease each dose by about 7% per day. But if I don't weigh it out and put it into capsules I end up eyeballing my doses, and that's when I screw up. Keep me posted on your progress, and message me if you need help.