View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by carlingford View Post
Hi MM100 really sorry for your pain, I am at 40 days clean and still feel terrible with most of the symptoms you mentioned. Last night I took a cold/flu tablet to try and help me sleep as only seem to get a few hours every night and feel so tired every day and its affecting my work performance. I felt worse today and think there was codine in it as got terrible cold sweats, anxiety et al today, just wondering if anyone experienced that or have I messed up my brain recovery with that 1 tablet. This paws disease is horrible and just want it to stop, but will never drink again. any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks.
This thread is nearly two years old...you may want to post a new thread about your issue.

I know codeine can trigger the same receptors in the brain as alcohol does, so you very well could have felt weird because of that. It could be because you are sick, too. And in early sobriety. Lots going on. I wouldn't worry about it.

The symptoms of PAWS at 40 days for me were still pretty noticeable. Just know that you are continuing to heal day by day. If you took codeine, no harm no foul - just don't pick up a drink and maybe read the labels beforehand on any meds you take in the future.

Carry on - congrats on 40 days. That's a miracle.