View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
AucklandAddict

Shoulder's been getting painful but only off and on. Think I tore something in my last bout of training (several months ago). Pretty sure it's my rotator cuff which I'm trying to pretend it aint cos... tricky to fix.

No desire to smoke weed but it was my go-to for aches and pains. And - I think I need another doctor. The one I got, he's a pompous wee man. I like to call him by his christian name and watch him squirm he wants to be titled but has failed to impress me in a long time. Told him I still had night sweats coming off weed he said - that's not a thing - err, Dr, Derrr....

Had an even worse one at uni. He was high on his own supply so utterly bored and in love with himself you'd walk in and feel like you'd just interrupted the queen. But it was just some fool half on the nod stamping out scripts so people would go away and leave him to his grandiose BS.

What else can I moan about..

Told my supervisor off (in a healthy manner e.g. I felt like... when you.... in future I'd appreciate it if you could....). Anxiety was really high after that but he got back to me with an apology, he's very busy and I get it but he'd led me on a wild goose chase merely because he skim read rather than read my correspondence. If you have difficulty setting boundaries the above format is very powerful.

Life on life's terms. If I aint sticking up for myself then what - waiting for a hero?

Oooh - met another comic who's in recovery - YUSSS!!! He has a raft of skills I don't and vice versa. Can't wait to see what comes out of some collaboration - Gonna be crazy fun.

Took the advice to take it easy on making decisions. I can have a great life just working on studies and comedy, and of course myself. Looking forward to getting a bit more time up so I can go help out with hospitals and institutions service - I love it and have plenty of feedback that I inspire those poor young crackhead crackers

Better get cracking on the step work. No serenity, no preachy.

Rescuing myself, one day at a time.