Thread: at the ER
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Smckay87

at the ER

after trying to self detox for 4 days I realized that it wasn't working. I woke up at 5am after drinking only 12 beers usually I drink 18 to 24... I layed in bed for only about an hour before starting to feel anxious. anxiousness followed with extreme panic that lasted for 10 minutes. I thought I was having a heart attack each breath seemed like my last. I layer in bed grasping for my life thinking this is how my family will find me. after talking myself down I was somehow able to make it to my car and drive to the ER. As I walked in I thought I was going to pass out my blood pressure and heart rate through the roof. finally made it to the back followed by 5 more attacks I couldn't control my body. my first scan 174/68 for blood pressure and my heart rate was between 98 - 110 pretty scary ****. after talking to some nurses and the doc they gave me something for my anxiety. brought everything back to normal ranges. long story short they don't have a detox program at that hospital. I got proscribed Ativan and sent home. if I can keep the anxiety at the door I should be fine I'm staying at my sister's for the next few days to be watched over. my blood tests and liver panel came back in normal ranges which surprises me as drinking daily for 5 years. maybe it's the Irish in me haha. I am done with alcohol after this very scary experience which me luck with the detox shouldn't be to bad now.