Old 10-16-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hope2QuitTia

It's Great to Find This...

I stumbled upon this thread while frantically searching Google for as much information about quitting tianeptine as I could find. I found SoberJohn's thread a couple of months ago, but I figured he was long gone at this point, and that this thread was no longer active. But coming back here (accidentally) and seeing Jasper's experience has given me a new hope. Now that I see there are two of you who quit using the same method I finally feel like I might be able to quit this myself.
A little about myself and my tianeptine habit: I started last March, after quitting a kratom addiction. I started with the recommended amount and quickly started increasing my doses. Now, I'm at the point where I'm taking about 3.5 to 5 grams a day. And of course I can't quit because as you all know, the withdrawals are pure hell (I've never experienced anything close to it before). But the habit's killing me. Not only is it expensive, I'm also terrified about what it's doing to my mind and body--I find I'm tired often and my mind does some things it hadn't done before, and the worst part about it is the hopelessness--knowing that I'm at the mercy of this stuff and should I somehow run out of it that I'm doomed. At this point I've stocked up on Gabapentin and Loperamide, and the stuff that goes along with the loperamide to help it work (tagamet, quinine, etc.). I'm ready to quit. It looks like Tramadol is the last piece to the puzzle so I'm looking to open a bitcoin account to see if I can get it that way (thanks for the tip, Jasper). I've been following a taper plan for the last five days and I plan to continue with that until the Tramadol arrives.
I just want to say that finding this post, and Jasper's recent success is so inspiring. Reading his words I could feel the relief he described in that last post where he was finally free of this drug (and the tramadol). There's nothing I want more at this point in my life than to be free from tianeptine. I told my wife that when I get off this I'm never putting another substance other than a multivitamin into my body! It's a horrible, awful addiction and it's a lonely one since so few people have it and so little is known about it. But finding this thread, and seeing that it's active again, is indescribable, and so inspiring. If I could please ask a couple of you to check back in now and again, now that I'm trying to quit, your support would mean so much to me. Congratulations Jasper, I'm very happy for you and hope to join you soon. And SoberJohn, thank you for starting this post. When I started scouring the internet a few months ago looking for help, your post was the only thing I could find that gave me some hope. Now that I see Jasper's joined your ranks, it means that much more. Thank you!
I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.