Thread: Still sober
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by Croutie View Post
Sleepie, I think Trach is spot on...you are a Titan.
Also, a survivor and a winner.
You are stronger than you know...
A titan, really. I guess we all have a different interpretation of what a titan is, but this my take on this. Titans come in all forms. To me, a titan is able to dig themselves out of an incredible hole and fight through incredible odds to achieve success. I guess my surviving physical and verbal abuse and achieving what I have done could be considered a titanic achievement, but I don't. Maybe I don't give myself enough credit, but I see people all around me who's lives are much more difficult than mine. I see many people pushing shopping carts full of all their stuff going nowhere. To me these people are the titans; not me, sleepie or anybody else that have a roof over their heads and food on the table. We all have things to complain about, but we can do this in the comfort of our homes with a warm meal in front of us. Thank god I'm not the guy I see all the time pushing his shopping cart with all his belongings down the street going nowhere. I wish I could catch that guy at the right time to buy him a meal. I'll keep trying. He's old and looks pretty tired. John