View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Gifford

I am sure Captain Haddock is a long lost twin I didn't know I had, all his observations over the last 13 days apply to me, not sure about the last one but I will check!
13 days including 2 Fridays and 2 Saturdays. As I write this in bed having resisted successfully today, my bike and kit is all ready for a Sunday morning ride. I am really pleased, not necessarily because I will go out for a bike ride, but because I can go for a Sunday morning bike ride. 3 weeks ago this was inconceivable.

Life at the moment is so much better, my challenge is to keep it that way and the only way to do that is to not drink.

I have stocked up on soft drinks so there is always something available, I think this is helping me a lot. Not putting myself in dangerous situations is also another good thing. I am helped in this as nobody has asked me to go out, normally I would be bothered by this but looking back my drunken antics probably mean I was a real pain in the arse.
Stay strong, stay sober. Hopefully tomorrow I can reflect on two weeks without having to take a drink.
G