Old 10-15-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CajunPrincess

This is a really great post. Thank you for this.

I actually had a pretty fulfilling life before I started drinking. Well, in a way. I was sober but had plenty of unhealthy coping mechanisms. I like to think that my newfound sobriety is forming a better version of who I used to be before I ever drank.

I have a lot more time to dream. Ever since I was a little girl, I had a heart for travel. I'm now using this extra time, motivation, and money to put towards taking a trip to Rome next year. I've never been out of the States. My last opportunity to go out of the country for a mission trip was squashed pretty quickly due to my drinking.
So it's been really fun and exciting to be able to start to create the life I always wanted.

Definitely been reading a lot more. Used to always love getting lost in a good book. Now I'm returning to that. Been ordering sooo many novels off Amazon.

My faith. I'm a Christian (it's such a widely used term that is used so lightly, so I hesitate in even saying that phrase), and I've been able to work on my relationship with God... plus getting back into church.

I know there's so much more, but I'm not going to type out an entire novel on here. Haha. Those are the main ones. Thanks for letting me share. Looking forward to other responses.

***And to the OP, what are some of yours?