Thread: I'm angry
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
GiGi707

You are all amazing. The more I read your thoughts, fears, and struggles, the more I sigh relief that someone else understands these things I am feeling and working through daily. So often out in the world general statements of advice are thrown out that sound very simple and straightforward but are anything but. "You must love yourself before anyone else can love you". "Let go of anger". "Work through your pain". These are all great in theory, I always nod in agreement when they are said. But I am always left feeling like those must be concepts that make sense to other people and I am missing the mark because I had zero idea on how to get those things or execute on them.

One of the many things I love about this forum is that these abstract concepts are discussed, broken down, and brought to a tangible level. There may not be one catch all answer that will work in every situation for every person, but somehow in the process of reading your transparent, honest, thoughts and advice, I have found the exact answers, strategies, and support to boost my heart up enough to continue to keep moving forward. It is less "Let go of anger" and more "This is what I am currently doing to try to let go of my anger".

Thankful for all of you and this amazing, collaborative, corner of the world where I feel understood.