View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
topspin

Adna, ....good to see you back !
Sounds like all the hard work you've invested in the new garden is paying off.
Really like your thoughts on evaluating initial personal reactions that may be self sabotaging . Fascinating stuff.

Slept most of the day at the resort,....hopeful to find a contact thru one of the local help lines to see if the county or state , or federal help can direct me someone to tackle the " snag" over my roof.
A *snag * is when a limb breaks , but gets hung up in the tree before it comes down. Mine is up about 40 ft, ....and it really needs to be handled out of a bucket truck . It looks too sketchy for a climber where it's wedged.

Several grocery stores are back open and the internet seems to be up solidly at work, ....still no cable tv, ...but I never watch it anymore.
They let folks back on the island yesterday.

Freein, ...you have some great ideas on changing up your work schedule !
I will either change employment to some PT day job or go PT here in about 5 months. It's been nice working 4 days instead of 5, but finally scraped together enough money to not be *forced* to work FT another week for the rest of my days in a straight gig .
If I get involved with glasswork next year, .... have to stay aware not to go crazy working long hours again.

You're firing on all cylinders Noolan . Never look back brother.

When the cottage had no power for 5 days, the starry sky has never looked so deep and clear. It's been a great , experience overall,.......

Look forward to burning again, ..... will call the fire dept. tomorrow to see if they've lifted the ban, so us poor folks can get on with it !?!!