Old 10-13-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome! What you are describing sounds a whole lot like me at about that same time. I was so tired - slept about 12 hours a day. And I was overwhelmed emotionally. Suddenly, I was facing up to the issues I had spent years escaping from with booze. And at the same time, I was elated and hopeful. It was quite a roller coaster - crying one minute, beaming smiles the next. By nine days, I was in outpatient treatment, and going to AA meetings a few times a week also. Not sure I could have made it through those early weeks without that support. It is great that you have started therapy - huge step in the right direction. I'm not sure how you feel about AA, but being in a room with a whole bunch of people who had been where I was and really understood what I was going through was pretty much the best thing ever for me. It still is, 22 months down the road.

You have started a difficult but extremely rewarding journey. Hang in there - your mind and body need time to heal. Take good care of yourself.