View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Noolan

Ada- Glad you're doing well! Keep it up.

Tops- Holy ****, glad you're ok and the cottage survived alright!

Ups- I think that's awesome you're volunteering! My recovery early on and being unemployed bred procrastination, and set me up in a holding pattern I didn't know I was in. Getting active in anything helps me tremendously in recovery.

Freein- Sorry to hear about your Mother. I know there is a lot that goes into that decision. Stay Strong.

Marirah- I too watched the debate and was ready to pull my hair out, except I'm bald and it wouldn't fix anything! I'm voting third party, but I still don't know anymore.

Obs- I'm sorry those old demons came back to light. I had to come to terms with my own. It's not until I was ready to face them sober was I able to deal with them. I watched this everyday in treatment and I hope you can find something from it.

Great day overall. I got off early and decided to hit a random meeting. Bumped into my grandfather there. He is in recovery and it happens from time to time. It's always a highlight, but I was sad to hear my cousin left treatment after a week and is claiming he is changed. I hope it's that easy for him, I honestly do.

At the meeting I shared the story I posted last week about the fear that rose up in me after posting my first assignment for class. That fear and inadequacy that came out of nowhere. Someone pointed out in the meeting that it was an "emotional relapse" of sorts. For me that was dead on. I felt exactly as I did when I was in active addiction.

That's why I have to grind. There are no days off in recovery. I mean, I still binge on netflix and relax, but emotionally, when I process what I'm feeling, why I feel the fear, it vanishes.

Anyways, I am going to work out, cook some fish, and turn in another assignment. Here's hoping I don't freak out again. Even if I do, I know I don't need drugs or alcohol to solve my problems. #inforthebargain