View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
jodc

finis quote:
"being incapable though is not equivalent to being in denial"*
So...If we cannot see...if we "don't know"... (nothing to do with intelligence) is that an aspect of incapability?

frick, defined by a Dictionary.com, Disposition - person's inherent qualities of mind and character.
Also, Inherent - existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.
I guess here, I am wondering how it can be a characteristic attribute (something that can be changed) and also be permanent???

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Perhaps some forms of denial are related to our ego; our concept of who and what we are. When reality doesn't line up with who we THINK we are, we are likely to be in denial. (Who, me? Naw...not me...)
teatree, I tend to agree with this; based on my own actions, I can't, at this point but see denial as anything BUT ego.

mfranch,* said; "I was constitutionally incapable of honesty until I wasn't."
I like this. Makes sense to me at this moment.

Yes, tomsteve, I was referring to the BB. I too, would like to see where you found that IQ is associated with incapability, thank you.

These are just quick thoughts with regard to your responses. I am open and willing to see this from every viewpoint.

Thank you all for being here and contributing to this conversation. It is really very helpful to me!