View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Juno11

Thomas59 - I can relate! I live in the metropolitan DC area, and the traffic can be a huge challenge. My commute to work is less than 5 miles and sometimes it can take an hour (usally about 30 min though)! Let's try to stay calm and not let this rattle us. Actually, the last time I drank which was on Sept. 28th I was in a bad state due to a huge fight with my son followed by some woman yelling at me because I was in her way (my car). Got to have some coping techniques...

hellrzr: I understand what you are saying. I have actually made some real quality friendships at my SMART meetings. I was away for a while and didn't realize anyone missed me, and when I came back people were genuinely happy to see me. What a great feeling.

Anna: Thank you so much! That means a lot. I feel good right now and want to keep doing the right things going forward to maintain my sobriety. When you are sober, you can deal with the other things sooooo much better!

Lexilynn: I can relate. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I have deactivated my account for months and weeks at a time. I'm trying again with a more upbeat focus and trying to document the fun things that I do more than anything. But I do understand that feeling.

Thanks for the replies