Old 10-07-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Hiya folks. Got a bit more sleep last night. Some appointments this morning and then it's home this afternoon because the kiddos have a half-day.

Dee and Sao, I don't know that we should equate the relative slowness of the thread nowadays with a lack of health or interest. For whatever reason, that "social hangout" facet of the thread that usually drove its rapid pace has fallen away somewhat over the past several weeks. I very much miss the social aspect of the thread, and I wish that some of those who used to post more regularly would return. But these things change and I understand that.

However, the core purpose of the thread--helping people (especially newcomers) through those first few weekends of sobriety--is still strong. We're still here to help each other through those hard hours on Friday and Saturday and Sunday, when the AV can be at its worst. That part hasn't changed.

On Wednesday (and going into the wee hours of Thursday morning), I was able to hammer out a settlement of a big case that I had going to trial in the first week of November. Huge stress and a lot of pressure, that now has been lifted. The temptation is very strong to let loose and celebrate this weekend. I wouldn't describe this as a craving, exactly. Instead, for the first time in a long time my AV is positively screaming in my ear: "YOU DESERVE THIS! YOU WORKED HARD AND DID A GREAT JOB! REWARD YOURSELF!" Yow. I'm really needing to work hard to beat it down. I expect I'll be checking in quite a bit this weekend to get through.

Anyway, peace to all you weekenders out there, wherever you might be.