Old 10-05-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
choublak

Dealing with a coworker with past drug issues, am I being too hard on her?

I work in a retail beauty supply store.
We have a 20-year-old girl who has been working here for about a month. She has bipolar disorder, PTSD from a "sexual trauma" that happened to her two years ago, ADHD and who knows what else. She goes to an IOP class three times a week. She says it's for her "trauma" but I wonder if it's for drug addiction.
Her mom keeps her on a really short leash. They share a car, so her mom always drops her off and picks her up. In addition to this, her mom comes into the store regularly, usually it's to bring her daughter something. The last time it was to bring her cigarettes, even though she doesn't like her smoking.
Wednesday of last week, her mom pulled the car up to the curb in front of the store to drop her off for her shift. I could see that they were in the car arguing. The girl finally came in sobbing crying, clocked in, and went to the back.
A few minutes later she told me how her mother had forced her and her boyfriend to break up, how her mother went to her boyfriend's mom's workplace and threatened to file a restraining order against him.
She says her mom doesn't trust her ever since her "trauma"...she was raped and sexually molested by her drug dealer when she was a freshman in college.
I have no idea if she's still using drugs. She makes me nervous because I feel like she might steal.