View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

I got in so deep I ended up having to file for bankruptcy. It's not a course of action I would necessarily recomend, but for me it was necessary. I was over 50 grand in the whole, mostly credit cards and about 10k in medical expenses, related to my addiction and the related depression. It was really the only way out for me, I was just in so deep. I was out of work for awhile and it has given me a fresh start. That is the good part, the part that sucks is having to put deposits on any new accounts I set up (once I am finally able to move out of my parrents house again, age 37!!), paying outragous interest rates on any loans I do take out, like a car to replace the 10 year old one with 140k miles on it that I'm driving now (but it's paid for!!!), not being able to qualify for mortgages, etc. The pressure of the debt was so much for me that I really saw this as the only way out. A last resort, but one that I was glad was there. Hang in there angel, you'll make it, just remember how you are feeling now next time going out and using seems like a "good idea"!! Take care.