View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
hopealwayz

Originally Posted by fireice83
Three years ago I never even drank or did drugs. I was the poster child for clean and sober. People tell me that when they see me know it's like a different person and I don't even look happy but rather like I'm putting on a show for everyone.
I could have wrote those words myself. I never did drugs or really drank heavily until I went to college. At 22, I started drinking a lot and doing drugs. I became someone that I never thought I would become. Slowly, my soul started being chipped away. I felt like I was being sucked up into a black hole. I made the decision to get sober in Feb. 2004 but I always tried to do it on my own. I struggled to stop on my own for a year and a half before surrendering on August 4, 2005 and hitting meetings. I am finally starting to feel better and I feel like I am at the big turning point in my life. I feel like my soul has been awakened and that so many new doors have been opened up for me.

That is a priceless feeling. I know that you have a better life for you too. You never have to be alone. You have new great friends here on SR and supportive people in your life. That is a lot of invaluable resources that will help you so much. Please stick around and keep working at sobriety. You have a better life waiting for you and I will be glad to be here to help support you.

Love,
Angel