Thread: psychosis
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hechosedrugs

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your Stepson, Sephra.
If he is suicidal why isn't the hospital keeping him? I just know that if someone is suicidal they do that here. It's called a form one.
You would think so, but it wasn't the case in my experience, either. When my then-2-year old son ingested one of my ex's oxy's and was hospitalized, my ex went around telling all of the hospital staff that he was going to kill himself because he felt so guilty. Police arrived and questioned me about whether he had any guns. I was so relieved! He'd been irresponsible with storing his guns so many times, and I thought this was finally it- that they'd be removed from my home. But then it turned out that some of the officers were old buddies of my ex, and they vouched for his character. Yes, this man who was suicidal, who had nearly caused his son to die due to his carelessness, and whose wife just revealed he is also careless with guns and has left them within his children's reach- was simply allowed to go home. A threat to himself and his children, but all is well! Carry on.

I really don't understand what these people are thinking sometimes.

But enough about me...

Sephra, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. This situation was clearly mishandled and your stepson was not given the help he needs. Here's hoping he will soon.