View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Snarly

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Hi Snarly.
I'm sorry you are having a rough go.
I don't quite understand what's happening other than your doctor thinks you have relapsed? And you didn't? But you didn't quit the exact day your doctor thinks you did?

I know that stuff like this triggers me immensely. Good for you for hanging on tight to your sobriety. All I can suggest is to think about this scenario 10 years from now. Is it so important that you will even remember it? Is it worth all this stress? I am not trying to minimize what you are going through or make you feel unvalidated . I'm just trying to add perspective at a time when we tend to be quite fragile and sensitive.
Windancer,

Thank you for all your kind responses.

So true , will this matter in 10 years? no
Worth the stress? absolutely NO T

PERSPECTIVE - i needed that virtual "slap". funny thing I know this stuff. Easy to look at someone else and say ... get over yourself. But when I am stuck in my obsessive brain... not so easy to stop

I posted to Last Drinks responses... because I have really been in a bad place since the doctor.. I am going to paste the "why" that I explained to Last Drinks

....that Doctor put me in a bad place!!!

I just felt like all was for naught . Like wtf am I torturing myself committing to recovery with a plan that I am comfortable with?

This is more than just having to wait a few days to have the blood and urine drawn ..

Short story is the results of the test will be the baseline that mandatory random drug testing will be used as benchmark.

AND I expected the Doctor to at least say "good job on 13 days"
AND i was excited to get diet 2.0.. sick of oatmeal and bananas.

Thanks again,

Snarly