View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Windancer

Originally Posted by MyLoves View Post
this will be my first sober friday night in i don't know how long. it's 4:00 here and i'm really feeling the pull!! sitting here listening to the guys drinking in the back, having a few of them asking me to come join - coooome ooon!! in 30mins i would normally leave work, stop at the store for a bottle of wine on the way to pick the kids up from daycare.

that is not going to happen tonight.

tonight i'm going to pick up the kids, i'll take them to mcdonalds for food & play. then i think i'm going to take them to the mall, hit up Davids Tea for something new. then maybe walmart for a new movie. then home, pj's, new tea and movie with the kids. at least the bf won't be around to derail my plans and try and get me to drink with him.

f*** i can do this!! i WILL do this!!!
I'm still loving your strength and resolve! You can do it! I find that after some time I actually look forward to waking up sober and healthy (as opposed to still drunk or hungover) and I enjoy my sober evenings. Not all of them, not all the time, but it's coming and I think it will come for you too. Seeing and hearing others drinking must be difficult though. Is there anyway you can avoid that?