Thread: Vomit
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Outonthetiles

Originally Posted by kgr103110 View Post
So just to update, I'm on day 43 sober.

It's a little past 4:30 am here, and I can't sleep. The excitement following my husband stumbling in drunk around 3ish has finally subsided. I'm too wound up go back to bed just yet.

It started with me being pissed that he'd a) come home so late, b) been at the bar as per usual, and c) driven home after drinking for hours. He denied that he was drunk, but I knew he was. He had that glassy look and sort of swayed when he walked. Plus, he was in his drunk mood: Passive aggressive and mean.

So he lies down to go to sleep, the room is dark and quiet for about ten minutes, and then he starts projectile vomiting. It was EVERYWHERE - a trail of vomit from the bedroom to the bathroom - all over the bathroom door and knob, the toilet... Nothing was spared.

But he didn't drink too much, right?

So I cleaned it up because the smell was horrendous. Now I just have so much on my mind. I feel like a hypocrite being upset because I've only been sober for a little over a month. I feel like I don't have a right to feel this way.

I want my husband to live healthier, too. I know I can't force him to do that, but I wish he could just see that this isn't normal.

I just sound preachy, and I hate that.

Ew. I can still smell the puke.
Next time, make him clean it up. After that there won't be a next time.