View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
carlingford

Welcome back SoberLife, I hear you, I recently slipped and back and on 18 days again, feeling good and very positive this time. I also believe that my previous slips have thought me never to stop trying but to pick myself up and revise my plan, its a learning curve I believe. I have a very stressful job and used to go on benders and blame my job, my boss, other people, anyone,etc. etc. as an excuse to legitimise my drinking, while knowing deep down in the back of my head it was the demon drink and the AV leading me down the wrong road. Now I have made major revisions to my plans, I have stopped hanging around with my drinking buddies during the week and weekends and spend more time with my kids and don't go to the pub anymore. Actually some of my friends are jealous that I am off the drink as I was normally quite free with giving out loans that most time I didn't get back. That is all stopped as I now realise that my family need more than my drinking x buddies. I also plan my weekends ahead with my kids and I cannot let them down when it comes around, feeling better every day and enjoying life allot better even though I have been clean up to 80 days before I suffered with paws, this time i think I have come to realise that good eating, little exercise and being happy seems to be keeping paws away, also 1 week of the gigs which I am now reaping the benefits off. Best of luck SL and keep us posted on your progress, you can do it and as Purple Knight says tweak your plan,bye for now