View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Praying

I can think of a few choice pages from the Big Book you could send back his way.

But not responding is better. Texting him a short message that says you need to be out of contact for a while is probably the best route--if you can do it calmly and without feeling like you have to argue to defend it. It just is.

Once you have some time to see clearly, and with some help from counseling and maybe Alanon (and the codependent no more book is amazing)...what you'll learn is that you're allowed to love yourself MORE than you're loving him...and that you actually HAVE TO in order to survive and thrive. It's really a beautiful thing to shift the focus to YOU.

I hope you're able to stay strong and not cave to his continued manipulations. Something that helped me--

You're used to thinking that this person loves and cares about you above all else, that they know you deeply and want the best for you. That makes it very hard to distinguish reality when their words confuse or hurt you. You assume their words are true and come from love. You need to start assuming that everything he says, ESPECIALLY anything about who you are or how you should act or feel, is simply a lie. Untrue.

It's hard to start, but it can work wonders. You're still allowing him to define you. Why would you let a known liar who can't control his own life tell you who you are?

(I've been there, this isn't judgment at all. Just food for thought. You can do this!)