View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Morning all

A new thread is great, thanks Dee.

Welcome to the class Mandosca.

I felt like a zombie for ages, in a trance , unsure and just out of sorts. It is very normal. If you think how long we drank then it takes more than a few days for the brain and body to re-calibrate. It's a very gradual thing which happens over time. Some days are worse than overs but generally each day gets a little better

Day 5 for me now and I still feel pretty out of sorts which just shows me how much damage I did on Friday night. I slept well for the first time last night though which helps. We will get there!

Good plan for your business trip dingood.

Glad you turned your day round windancer and congrats on 16 days. If you are afraid of relapse perhaps it might help to add something extra into the mix as well as meetings?

I was thinking of this last night - hopefully it might help someone. Apologies if you already have it. The biggest problem for me in early sobriety is the sudden cravings that come upon me after a few weeks and I;m not equipped to handle them. Not wishing to put a downer on anyone's success (or sound bossy ) here but it's critical to be prepared as they do and will happen. I read about urge surfing on here years ago and it really does work. Hope it's ok to link Dee

http://mymindfulnesspractice.com/urg...g-mindfulness/

mindfulness.org.au - Mindfulness Melbourne

Happy Birthday Snarly - At least you are sober. If its any consolation you have your SR family with you. The best thing you can do for you and your girls is stay sober. time does heal and bad memories fade. Relationships get repaired and our lives rebuilt in time. Hope you're ok.

Have a good day everyone