View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
flutter
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Not really an update, things continue to remain the same. I've seen her half a dozen times since that report, and she's been wasted every time.

I had to call again. The other night, she was out and totally drunk, went to pick up her 1 year old from the driveway and dropped him head first onto the concrete. She grabbed him up, and scurried inside her house, just as her husband was coming home from work. A few neighbors went over to see if baby was ok (that was a HARD fall), and to let the father know what happened, and he shooed them away, not even wanting to hear it. She had answered the door and with very slurred words instructed her husband to "deal with this ****". I did see baby later, and he *seemed* ok, but holy hell. I called CPS to add to my report, and they took it as a new case, again.

I'm not convinced anything is going to change until something awful happens, but I'll keep calling. If dad hadn't have come home, I think one of us would have called 911. I was instructed to call the police if anything like this happens again, or if she is alone with the kids and drunk. I sort of laughed (nervously) and said "Well, that's all day every day. What has to happen for something to change?" no real answer to that.