Old 09-25-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
CajunPrincess

Hey guys! Wow, I had to catch up on A LOT of pages, but I did it. Love reading everyone's updates. Still sober... day 43 for me. Really crazy to think about.
Just been busy with work lately. By the time I get home from work at night, I'm usually too exhausted to read or anything.
Finished my IOP last week... still seeing my therapist once a week. When I have stressful nights at work, instead of automatically saying to myself "Can't wait to get home to have a beer (or ten!)", I find myself saying "Can't wait to get home to take a hot epsom salt bath..." or "Im DEFINITELY doing yoga when i get home" ... It's nice to not have alcohol be the first thing on my mind when I experience a negative emotion.

Two nights ago after I got home from work, I noticed one of my cats was acting strange. I called the 24/7 emergency pet clinic and told them the symptoms, and they said I needed to bring him in right away because it could be serious. So I gathered up my cat and took off. On our way to the vet, I couldn't help but just being SO SO grateful for my sobriety. If I had still been drinking, I probably would not have been able to take my kitty to the vet that night, and I probably would have been annoyed if I'd been about to pop open a can. But that's not what happened... (long story short, he is fine)

Anyways... good to be here. Sobriety is great... just trying to keep my guard up as the days add up and it appears to get "easier".

And Zanna, hang in there. We are here for you. Please talk to us when you're ready.