Old 09-25-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marcus

The acetaminophen will probably kill you first (20 grams a day or whatever you were at), but regardless bad news either way. I remember you from 2 years ago. I am not sure what went wrong back then (think you made it a few weeks). Obviously withdrawals suck, but for me it was just a small part of the equation.

If I were you I would get back to some meetings. If you are comfortable going to AA (not sure if and when you quit going) why not go back? For me it is about living life on a day to day basis without the need to escape. Doesn't matter if it is alcohol, popping pills, sniffing glue, banging heroin, drinking cough syrup, or some other unhealthy behaviors. They are all a means to an end. I used to get caught up in the amounts. Like I did so much more than others so was so much more sick or I did less so wasn't as bad. Regardless of the amount if you want to change and have a strong desire to change you can. Yes change is hard, but really was the only way I was going to live a peaceful and fulfilling life. Alcohol and drugs were never going to be a solution for me.

Hang in there - keep posting - and don't use. Take Care!