View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
EventHorizons

Good morning! So, today is 18. I guess I counted wrong last night, but I used this thing I found on the interwebs called a calendar and saw that I had screwed that up. Guess I was excited to get to 100 faster, then 1000. I'm going to work on 18 today though.

Readyatlast, I'm curious (only if you're willing to share) what happened after 3 1/2 years? My longest was 6 months and I thought I was more or less cured and could have a few drinks with some buddies I hadn't seen in a long time, and for better or worse it was only a couple of drinks. That only reinforced the "I'm cured" thinking and once a week became two or three, became 5 or more. But 3.5 years? I am so far away, but maybe thinking about it now will help, especially if you say you saw the signs. Again, only if you're willing.

And good work windancer! The hardest thing for me to resist is someone else trying to put a drink in my hands. I want to hangout and socialize but often feel awkward. And somehow someone wanting to drink with me feels the same as them wanting to hang out with me, and by now I've learned it's not always the case.

Good luck today everyone! I'm rooting for you!

EH