View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cairn

Hi Verte, my limited understanding it is more modern updated lingo pointing to the "Thy Will not mine be done" concept. Though we usually can't see it, some of us spend most of our waking moments trying to manipulate people, conditions, and ourselves, conditions to satisfy our endless desires and aversions. There is never any rest or peace of mind, always fear and tactics and conflicts and more tactics, on every front - family, finance, friends, fellows and foes. "Our victories are short-lived". 'When we seem to be succeeding (at whatever the conquest du jour), we drank of victory as a wine that could only make us feel elated, and drank to dream still greater dreams'. 'In defeat we are bitter'.

All day long i try to check what i am really up to, not just only when alllllll bent out of shape, and the insertion of an attitude of 'let go', means i don't HAVE to win the game, the argument, the job, opinion, esteem, whatever. Personally i cannot equip myself with the kind of 'faith' that seems to come so easily to others, BUT with the mere willingness to experiment, you know what? - most of my endless crap DOESN'T matter. I been to hell and sick with death and failure and confinement. Whyfore this endless will to win!?!?

So i am finding at least a faith in SOME other individuals' faith, because the states of mind mysteriously exposed, the carefree love and lightness found and sobering search for usefulness no matter the circumstances, is absolutely extraordinary, and not to be missed, passing through this planet!

Faith. Let go. Remember seeing all the other kids jumping off that cliff into the pool? Seeing how much death defying fun they were having? Our own inward search for courage to just let go....

We will never be perfect people or have perfect security or perfect reputation or perfect understanding or ......the list of demands goes on forever. Its a trap. The forces on this planet have a mind and rules of their own, how can we best coincide.....reasonableness, and a truer more comfortable, independent self esteem comes easier this way, at the very least.

The last shirt we will wear has no pockets, and when we are gone and our 15 minutes of fame are deleted, nobody here will really care. So did we pass a torch, leave some primer for the pump, or what. All AA old fashioned things try to point to truer more 'eternal', lasting values, like the brotherhood of man, best thing that ever was conceived.

So what small nattering trifle can we 'let go' of today, so our hands are freed for better arts.

Just my midnight couldnt sleep thoughts, thanks for a sweet topic, nice reminder for me of where it was i wanted to be going! Got caught back up in the noisy rat race feeding frenzy lately...kinda losing my way...sheesh jungle out there man