View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hi,
I'd like to join this class please. I am in the Dec 2012 class and was sober for 3 1/2 years before picking up again a few weeks ago. I drank a couple of times since then. On Friday I went all out, drank horrendously,I made a fool of myself but really was a wake up call. Spent yesterday in a state of fear, crippling anxiety, paranoia and guilt and shame.

Today is Day 2. I got out all my recovery books and am starting again from the beginning. I know I can't do this alone and need to be on SR. I drank because I let my recovery slide and didn't take it seriously enough. Looking back I see the warning signs but chose not to deal with them.

I can't moderate or drink occasionally. I knew this anyway but was fooling myself perhaps. It only ever ends one way-badly. I as devastated, embarrassed, ashamed, guilty but last night realized I need to let those feelings go as they feed the beast.

So I'm back and will do whatever it takes to live a sober happy life. I have changed my life round so much for the better over the last 3 1/2 years and have too much to lose and nothing to gain by starting to drink again.

Congratulations to you all on your milestones in this class and look forward to getting to know everyone. I will read all posts soon. It's the middle of the night in the UK here, body clock out of sync after Friday.